WIRED is where tomorrow is realized. It is the essential source of information and ideas that make sense of a world in constant transformation. The WIRED conversation illuminates how technology is changing every aspect of our lives—from culture to business, science to design. The breakthroughs and innovations that we uncover lead to new ways of thinking, new connections, and new industries. WIRED reaches more than 30 million people each month through WIRED.com, our digital edition, the magazine, social media, and live events.
WIRED is looking for a creative and innovative media talent to join our audience development, social and analytics team. A perfect candidate will understand how to use social media to develop, engage, and inform audiences across platforms, and be clued in on emerging networks and how WIRED can use them effectively. The associate director will oversee the team’s social media managers, and should be comfortable both setting high-level strategies and digging into the daily process by writing and editing social content. This person will work closely with WIRED’s director of audience development, analysts, editors, reporters, and designers to optimize content for social platforms, using analytics-based strategies to increase audience engagement, social referrals, subscriptions, and revenue opportunities. They will also be part of the larger Audience Development team at Condé Nast. This job will ultimately be based in San Francisco, but remote candidates are welcome to apply as we navigate pandemic life.
Real Life. Real News. Real Action
Zillion Things Mobile!Read More-Visit US
- Take strategic ownership of WIRED’s social platforms, guiding high-level strategy and day-to-day optimizations to increase traffic, revenue, and subscriptions
- Manage team of social media managers and multimedia producers, helping them develop their skills and grow their careers
- Collaborate with editors, reporters and designers to develop content packages that are optimized for social media, and optimize story headlines for social
- Work in partnership with audience development to continually improve how social media drives loyalty and subscriptions
- Find smart, effective ways to insert WIRED’s content into online conversations
- Work with WIRED’s sales and marketing team on sponsorship opportunities
- Develop relationships with social managers at Condé Nast, gathering and disseminating best practices
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive experience in news publishing, ideally having worked on both editorial and audience development
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional experience creating and optimizing content for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok, Twitch, and LinkedIn
- Professional experience with publishing and analytics tools including SocialFlow, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, Parse.ly, and Google Analytics
- Experience managing teams
- A sense of humor and keenness to adapt to a changing media landscape and find audiences in new ways
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here, and we will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
Condé Nast is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, familial status and other legally protected characteris
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe