Do you have a passion for technology and the ability to write about it well? If so, let’s talk.
Ars is looking for a Technology Reporter/Product Specialist. In short, we want someone who knows a lot about smart homes, networking, NAS, Android, tablets, wearables, and/or PCs and loves to write about them. You don’t need to know everything about all of those things, but you should have deep knowledge in one of those areas as well as the intellectual curiosity to learn more about everything our tech and reviews section covers.
Technology Job description
Ars Technica seeks a Technology Reporter and Product Specialist with deep expertise in laptops, computing peripherals, phones, tablets, smartwatches, IoT devices, and other consumer electronics.
The Technology Reporter will report to the Senior Reviews Editor and will produce daily content including informed news and analysis, as well as regular reviews with an emphasis on benchmarks and testing along with the analysis Ars Technica is known for.
We are looking for a strong writer who can not only grok the business that drives today’s technological innovations but can also write clean and compelling prose accessible to readers from a wide variety of technical backgrounds—and who can serve all of those readers well with analysis.
Real Life. Real News. Real Action
Zillion Things Mobile!Read More-Visit US
This is a remote position.
- Write regularly on technology product news, including but not limited to smart home appliances, networking, network-attached storage, Android, PCs, laptops, peripherals, tablets, and other gadgets
- Liveblog product announcements as directed
- Take photographs and edit images as appropriate for reviews and news coverage
- Work with editors to generate story ideas
- Write occasional feature-length articles on in-depth topics as assigned
- Travel as required
- Other journalistic duties as directed by management
- 2 or more years of professional writing experience a must
- Ability to produce high-quality product reviews and analysis that match the Ars style of writing
- Deep knowledge of tech gear, such as smart home devices, networking, wearables, operating systems, and/or PC hardware
- Commitment to technical depth (and learning to go deeper) and to the craft of writing
- Passion for the latest and greatest technology products
This is a union position.
Interested? Head over to the Condé Nast Careers site to apply.
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe